Winding Rivers Library System Resources
The Winding Rivers Library System libraries offer a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led courses that you can take entirely online through Gale Courses, also known as ed2go. As a library card holder in good standing, you have access to these courses at no cost. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month.
Access 1,000+ art and craft classes for artists and makers of all levels. Creativebug is your go-to resource for high-quality, on-trend arts and crafts instructional videos. They also include downloadable patterns, full lists of supplies and more. Activities include drawing, painting, sewing, knitting, crochet, quilting, baking and more! All classes are taught by experts and new classes are added daily.
BadgerLink is Wisconsin’s Online Library which provides information to Wisconsin residents that is not available through regular search engines. With BadgerLink you can learn something new, find your next great read, explore your genealogy, be informed, live a healthier life, learn to fit things yourself, and more.
If you can’t find the material you want in the Winding Rivers Library System, talk to a librarian and see if we can request the item from another library in the state of Wisconsin through the Wisconsin Catalog or WISCAT.
You can search WISCAT HERE.
The Winding Rivers Library System has expanded access to unique history materials in local libraries by developing a regional online collection of visual images (photographs and postcards) representing western Wisconsin history and culture. This project and collection is named ECHO: Exploring Cultural History Online and is made possible through a 2014 Library Services and Technology Act grant.
Reference Solutions offers access to 44 million current businesses in the United States for market research and sales, millions of historical and new businesses for understanding trends, as well as residential, consumer, and lifestyle listings to grow your business. Search for jobs, research U.S. businesses, create marketing and small business plans, locate specific people and more.
WI Digital Library
See what is being checked out and put on hold RIGHT NOW!
Department of Workforce Development Resource Downloads
The following are downloadable resources for your use.
If you need assistance getting to work and live in La Crosse County, Monroe County, Vernon County, and Crawford County.
A thorough check-list of everything you should do when filling out a job application, with specific tips for on-line applications and in-person applications.
This step-by-step guide will help you to find jobs using different selection criteria, such as location, type, hours, experience, even skills matching.
This list encompasses a majority of the services offered through the Department of Workforce Development. If you would like to discuss any of these areas please contact the library to schedule a free meeting with a DWD specialist.
- City of Mondovi www.mondovi.com
- Buffalo County www.buffalocounty.com
- Mondovi School District www.mondovi.k12.wi.us
- Aging and Disability Resource Center www.adrc-bcp.com
- Buffalo Pepin Literacy Alliance www.bpliteracyalliance.wordpress.com
- Winding Rivers Library System – Learn a Language Resourses https://www.wrlsweb.org/learn-a-language/
- Department of Workforce Development
- Build a resume easily with this website, created by The Indiana State Library Leadership
- Bolton Refuge House (Mondovi Location)
- 731 E Main St. Mondovi, WI 54755
- (715) 926-6080
- AARP www.aarp.org
- Administration on Aging www.aoa.gov
- Benefits Check Up www.benefitscheckup.org
- Eldercare Locator www.eldercare.gov
- Family Caregiver Alliance www.caregiver.org
- Meals on Wheels www.mowaa.org
- Medicare www.medicare.gov
- National Council on the Aging www.ncoa.org
- Senior Living Map www.seniorlivingmap.org
- SeniorNet www.seniornet.org
- IRS www.irs.gov
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue www.revenue.wi.go